Dr Gregory Taylor (FRACS MB ChB) graduated at Otago Medical School and completed his training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Burwood Hospital in Christchurch in 1982. His overseas training and experience includes such credits as:
- Senior Surgical Resident, Foothills Hospital - Calgary, Canada
- Senior House Office, Bangour General Hospital - Broxburn, West Lothian, Scotland
- Registrar in Plastic Surgery, Bangour General Hospital - Broxburn, West Lothian, Scotland
- Plastic Surgeon, Al Hada Hospital - Taif, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Locum positions in Plastic Surgery - South of England
He returned to New Zealand in 1986 to go into full time private practice. He has worked as a consultant Plastic Surgeon in Auckland, New Zealand from 1986 to the present date.
Dr Taylor has over 30 years Plastic Surgical experience in New Zealand as a Specialist Plastic Surgeon and has treated over 20,000 patients. His practice is largely cosmetic surgery but he is also experienced in reconstructive surgery and the management of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers. He is recognised as a pioneer of laser skin surgery in New Zealand.
He is particularly interested in local anaesthetic facial surgery and is largely responsible for making this breakthrough in cosmetic surgery more than 10 years ago.
Dr Taylor is a published author and has presented papers at several scientific conferences. He regularly attends workshops, conferences and seminars in Australia, North America and Europe to ensure he is informed of current trends and developments.