Dr Gregory Taylor (FRACS MB ChB) graduated at Otago Medical School and completed his training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Burwood Hospital in Christchurch in 1982. His overseas training and experience includes such credits as:
- Senior Surgical Resident, Foothills Hospital - Calgary, Canada
- Senior House Office, Bangour General Hospital - Broxburn, West Lothian, Scotland
- Registrar in Plastic Surgery, Bangour General Hospital - Broxburn, West Lothian, Scotland
- Plastic Surgeon, Al Hada Hospital - Taif, KS Arabia
- Locum positions in Plastic Surgery - South of England.
He returned to New Zealand in 1986 to go into full time private practice.
Dr Taylor has over 20 years Plastic Surgical experience in New Zealand as a Specialist Plastic Surgeon and has 20,000 patients registered in the practice. His practice is largely cosmetic surgery but he is also experienced in reconstructive surgery, hand surgery and the management of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers. He is recognised as a pioneer of laser skin surgery in New Zealand.
He is particularly interested in local anaesthetic day stay facial surgery, and he is largely responsible for in making this breakthrough in cosmetic surgery more than 10 years ago.
He is an active member of New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons, Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and is a past president of the New Zealand Foundation of Cosmetic Plastic Surgery.
Dr Taylor is a published author and has presented papers at a number of scientific conferences. He regularly attends workshops, conferences and seminars in Australia, and Europe to ensure he keeps abreast of current trends and developments.