One of the growing trends in cosmetic medicine is that many men and women are choosing the non-surgical cosmetic techniques. One of the most popular non-surgical procedures is the Liquid Facelift. This term actual refers to several different ways of using various types of facial injections to lift areas of sagging, to fix hollowness, and to reduce the appearance of wrinkling. Appearance medicine techniques can be used to help restore a more youthful appearance.
As the years go by unwanted changes start to occur in your face. Some people will start to notice them as early as their 30s, while others won't start to be bothered by these changes until their 40s and 50s. Genetics, skin color, sun exposure, smoking history, diet, hormones, and stress all play a role in the aging process, and this wide variety of pro-aging factors explain why different people age at different rates.
Some of the most common facial changes include:
- Deepening of the line between your nose and mouth (called the nasolabial fold)
- Mouth corners start to droop, and you start to develop lines and hollow areas underneath the corners of your mouth (sometimes called the marionette lines)
- Dimples turn into not-cute wrinkles
- Lines and wrinkles appear around your lips and eyes
- Lips start to thin and flatten
- Frown lines begin to form on your forehead and between the eyes.
Many of these changes can be easily improved by undergoing one of our Appearance Medicine treatments:
- Botulinum Toxin - for eliminating dynamic wrinkles
- Dermal Fillers - adds volume and fills in fine lines and wrinkles
- Platelet Rich Plasma - uses the bodies own cells to regenerate the general fitness of your skin
These procedures can last anything from 6 months to up to 2 years, the results look natural, there is no surgical risk, and there is very little downtime. Done regularly it can help maintain that youthful look we all want.